Bamboo Brisbane warrants that the Bamboo flooring sold under this Warranty is, at the time of sale, free from defects in material and manufacture.
Bamboo Brisbane further warrants that when professionally installed according to Bamboo Brisbane’s specifications and installed to the minimum of the Australian Standard for install and when maintained according to our maintenance instructions and used for its intended purpose, the flooring will not delaminate, separate, buckle or cup as a result of a manufacturing defect for Five (5) years from the date of sale.
Five Year Finish Warranty.
This Warranty does not cover scratches, reduction in the shine of the finish, or damage to the finish caused by the underlying flooring. Bamboo Brisbane’s installation instructions MUST be followed as a condition for these Warranties. These instructions can be obtained directly from Bamboo Brisbane’s website. Bamboo Brisbane is a flooring supplier only. We can recommend trained installers for your job. A clean level subfloor is critical to the success of the flooring. It is considered the sole responsibility of the installer/owner to determine if the job site’s sub-floor and environmental conditions are suitable for the installation.
These Warranties do not cover damage or defects resulting from or in any way attributable to:
- Improper storage, handling or installation of the flooring. Visibly defective boards should be put aside for replacement or refund. Bamboo Brisbane is not responsible for the cost to remove these boards if installed.
- Abuse, lack of maintenance, neglect, abnormal use or misuse, negligence, application of solvents, corrosives or other chemicals to the Flooring, colour change, fading or damage due to exposure to the sun, spike heeled shoes, unpadded furniture feet, water, damage from sand, ect.
- Stains and finishes;
- Improper alterations of original manufactured product;
- Moisture problems (including subfloor moisture, leaks, rain, wet mopping, etc.) or excessive atmospheric conditions i.e. humidity, dryness or heat
- Settlement or movement of the structure to which the flooring is attached
- Natural events such as flooding or cyclones.
Variations in colour, grain and markings that exist in the flooring when new (such variation in bamboo is a natural occurrence, so that flooring may not match display samples) or may develop over time because of varying exposure to sunlight or UV light. Samples are to be used as a guild to colour. Our flooring is always being upgraded and Bamboo Brisbane can use display stock as samples. The client can view current colour batches prior to any purchase.
This Warranty extends to the buyer and to the owner of the first structure in which the flooring is installed during the Warranty Period.
The above Warranties are the exclusive and sole Warranties given by Bamboo Brisbane for the flooring. They supersede any prior contract or additional representations, whether oral or written.
Bamboo Brisbane disclaims all other Warranties – whether express, implied or statutory.
If during the applicable Warranty Period, the flooring does not conform to the preceding Warranties, the owner of the flooring shall notify Bamboo Brisbane in writing within 30 days of issue. Within a reasonable time Bamboo Brisbane will provide, at its option, one of the following:
- Repair of any non-compliant or defective flooring (for defective finish, this means refinishing the affected boards);
- Provision of compliant boards to replace any non-compliant boards. This allowance shall be included only during the first two years of use and it does not include the cost of removal of fixtures installed on the flooring;
- Refund of the purchase price for any non-compliant boards that have not been installed;
- Refund of the percentage of the purchase price for the noncompliant boards equal to the percentage of the Warranty Period remaining when Bamboo Brisbane is notified of the non-conformity.
These remedies shall be the exclusive and sole remedies for any breach of Warranty. If the flooring does not comply with the Warranty, the owner of the flooring must notify Bamboo Brisbane in writing via email within thirty (30) days after discovering the non-conformity.
The notice must describe the location and nature of the nonconformity. The owner must give Bamboo Brisbane a reasonable opportunity to examine the claimed non-conformity before undertaking any repairs, removal or replacement. The owner must present the original invoice, bill or other proof of the date of purchase. Compliance with the requirements of this paragraph is a condition to coverage under the Warranty: if these requirements are not complied with, Bamboo Brisbane will have no obligation to remedy any non-conformity. Email Us Your Warranty / Non-compliant Issue
Exclusion of Incidental and Consequential Damages.
In no event shall Bamboo Brisbane be liable for any incidental, special, indirect or consequential damages, whether resulting from non-delivery or from the use, misuse or inability to use the product or from defects in the product.